If you love voices joined in song —
This concert is for you!
Saturday, October 13, 2018, 7:00 PM
Sacred Heart Church
2201 Northwestern Ave, Racine, WI 53404
Life in all its fullness is celebrated in music that illumines our pain and sorrow to joy and happiness. The 65 voices of CAS joined by a string quartet will feature celebrated composer Ola Gjeilo in a program that is cradled by “Dark Night of the Soul” by St. John of the Cross and “Across the Vast Eternal Sky,” a new poem by Charles Anthony Silvestri about the rise of the mythical phoenix. We will pay tribute to the 100th Anniversary of the end of WWI with a traditional setting of John McCrae’s moving poem “In Flanders Fields.” Works by J.S. Bach, Stanford, and Healey Willan will round out this diverse and stunning program.
- Nunc Dimittus in B Flat – Stanford
- Responsories for the Offices of Tenebrae – Healey Willan
- Kom süsser Tod – J.S. Bach
- Dark Night of the Soul – Poem by St. John of the Cross, Music by Ola Gjeilo
- In Flanders Fields – Words by Dr. John McCrae, Music by John Jacobson and Roger Emerson
- La Nuit – Jean Philippe Rameau
- Lux Aurumque – Text by Charles Anthony Silvestri, Music by Eric Whitacre
- Across the Vast Eternal Sky – Text by Charles Anthony Silvestri, Music by Ola Gjeilo
Online ticket sales have ended, but advance tickets are still available from Personal Touch by Julie Florists, 5445 Spring Street, Racine. Tickets will be available at the door for cash or check made out to Choral Arts Society, beginning at 6:00 p.m.